How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sold a $2500 jacket on eBay to someone in texas, i'm in

Customer Question

hi, i sold a $2500 jacket on eBay to someone in texas, i'm in california. She received it and said she wanted return for refund. I refunded her first, trusting her that she would return. But she hasn't returned the jacket. so i'm thinking about filing a small claim. how do i do it across the states? and second question, if she ignores the small claim judgement, what can I do? can I sue her for theft? Thank you very much
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: the purchase was made on eBay. Sold by me, who is in Cali, to her, who is in TX
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.It is possible to sue for fraud or to file criminal charges for fraud. But, if you want to file criminal charges, you would likely have to do so in CA because it would be difficult to pursue in TX.But, you can sue in TX for civil fraud and seek a judgment in your home county and state against the person.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 month ago.
Once you obtain a civil judgment for breach of contract and/or fraud, then you can enroll and collect the judgment in CA.