My 17 year old, in NYS, wants to quit smoking cigarettes.

Customer Question
My 17 year old...

My 17 year old, in NYS, wants to quit smoking cigarettes. His solution is for me to buy him smokeless tobacco juice for his vape, at the lowest level of nicotine. What trouble am I exposing myself to?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
8/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 9 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under NY law, vapes are considered the same as tobacco products and come under the same laws. It is a misdemeanor to provide tobacco products to anyone under 21, so it is no different of a risk than him getting cigarettes.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney