Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How do I file a motion in the circuit court and how do I get

Customer Question
the form JA: Because laws vary...
how do I file a motion in the circuit court and how do I get the form
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: VA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I reported a chief judge from district 8 court to the Judiciary Review Board Commission and they sent me a return letter stating they are not an apellate court nor are they a substitution court. So they said they was going to waive it because I did not reuse the judge. however the judge heard three cases of mine....she has since then recused herself from one after the fact. She has been bias and it is a conflict of interest. I have been to every lawyer in town and no one will take my case....so I am going to fight it alone as a taxpayer
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am sorry recuse her,,,My civil rights has been violated and I do not feel as if I will ever get due process again in district court 8
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
8/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago
If you want to file an appeal of a district court ruling to the circuit court, you need to file a Notice of Appeal in the district court to start your appeals process. Here is the notice of appeal form (copy and paste link to browser, do not just click on it): https://www.vbgov.com/government/departments/courts/juvenile-domestic-relations-court/Documents/court-forms/dc475.pdf
You then have to prepare your appeal brief explaining your legal issues and grounds for the appeal, citing to only the evidence presented in the district court and explaining why based on that evidence presented how the judge erred in applying the law to the facts of the case. You would submit that to the Circuit court and they would get the records from the district court to decide the matter.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
I am now being forced out of the judges property is where I reside, due to non payment of rent. I have spent so much money in fees, I also have two months rent in escrow...because I have to have one bathroom repaired myself where it cost me 500.00 and I have all receipts. Judge Tonya Henderson Stith of District 8 hampton VA knew exactly who I was when she trialed my case I was up against a Bishop and his wife a minister, the two clergies where given special priviledges, they have both esorted me and my husband out of money....now his wages are being garnished.....I am raising 8 grandchildren and now they are taking 400.00 out of my husband's pay every pay....How can a person in charge of the law..... break the law?

Thank you for your reply.

A judge is not supposed to rule contrary to the laws. So, if you should not have been evicted for non-payment of rent for some legal reason, you need to present those legal reasons to the Circuit court.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney