I lost my husband unexpected last late Nov. we had been

Customer Question
I lost my husband...

I lost my husband unexpected last late Nov. we had been married over 30 years and lived on the familys property. The property was always going to go to larry after his mother passed (she is alive and 95) both larry's children where to get 20,000 a piece. Larry and his mother and I had decided we were going to sell the property because 4 acres was just getting too much to take care of,, we were looking for some duplexes etc. and had 3 bids on the property of ours when he suddenly died. I had a complete breakdown when he died, he died in my arms and I don't remember too much after that real clear. I know that my mother in law and my stepson put into motion so fast to remove from the property they all my stuff was left,, nothing was taking care of, I was so medicated that they kept me from the funeral,,, I literally woke up in North Carolina (where I am now) trying to figure out what has just happened to my life. Did my 30 years plus mean nothing? According to them I should be greatful for my 30 years and carry on now and find a new life. I know my husband so well,, he never ever would have agreed to this. He was promised by his mother that I would always be taken care of... I do not want alot,,,, heck I really just wanted enough to start over again. The property that larry and I lived on was always supposed to be me according to Larry and his mother, now she has changed her mind. She says I am entitled to nothing. What I am willing to settle on was giving them the property they want so bad,,,, but I think the 40,000 they were going to give the give the kids would be a settlement I would be willing to settle on for me to get a fresh start in my life, and take care of me and our dog and along with Larrys SS I should be fine, Do I have any rights here? Or am I really tossed on the streets with their best wishes at my back? lol,,, Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Lynn Jones,***@******.***,,(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just his death and I get his SS benefits monthly now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No,, just need someone to help me learn if I have any rights what so ever.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/7/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Lynn did your husband have a will, did he have assets in his name when he deceased, and what state was this in, thanks.