My bf n I lived together for 10 years. Accumulated many

Customer Question
items together. Also alot of...
My bf n I lived together for 10 years. Accumulated many items together. Also alot of items of my own brought into home. He passed a month ago, the acting executive forbids me to remove anything mine or what we bought together. What can I do?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
8/7/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can file a creditor claim here in probate for the approximate value of the possessions or return of them.Itemize your list and approximate value and file such a claim here where she has filed to probate the will.You are able to sue if the claim is denied.This would be your next remedy to try and get paid or return of items in the house.You have rights her through probate to recover for this.It would be filed in the county where they deceased.You can get the case number ***** the clerk .

You can do this by letter addressed to the executor referencing the case number, etc. and copy the court.

***** *****, Executor

address

Re: Creditor claim of the Estate of ***** *****

Case No. 12345

Dear Ms. Jones ,

This is to advise you of a creditor claim in the amount of $$ for possessions that belonged to creditor and have not been returned in the attached list in the amount of.......

Something like this with your name.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again, sorry for your loss here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer