How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1612
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am facing a car accident charge which happened 3 yrs ago,

Customer Question

I am facing a car accident charge which happened 3 yrs ago, Can I move assets to a relative to saf guard them?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Denver Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately, you are not permitted to do such a transfer to protect your assets. This is known as a fraudulent transfer and a person with a judgment is able to get a court to unwind these types of transaction in order to recover the assets.