Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

We bought a business, the seller sent us one year sell

We bought a business, the seller sent us one year sell report month by month, to see the sell volume we bought the business, after we bought the business, we print out the old sell report from the
bussiness computer and we figure out sell report the provided us was wrong, what we should do know

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Can you provide me a bit more information? How much different was it? Would the difference have materially impacted the purchase price had you had the real report? Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is difference is 25 k, they show us 70 k business per month we find out it is only 45 k
I have both their report and report from the register computer

Hi. I tried to accept your phone call request, but received the following notice: "Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation." I'm happy to proceed through this thread or by phone....just let me know. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why it was failed? Please call me, I will give you
My credit card number

You absolutely have recourse here against your seller. The seller knew or should have known that you were being provided false and misleading information which was clearing material in making the decision as to whether or not to purchase the business and/or the price to pay for such business. What you want to do is raise the stakes on your seller. You should send the seller a certified, return receipt requested letter detailing the situation and misrepresentation and demand the seller agree to a price adjustment and refund of the overpayment within a short specified period of time. Inform your seller that if he does not timely comply with your demand, you will have no choice but to file a suit for your damages. BUT, be sure to specifically mention that if forced to file this suit, you will be filing this claim not only as a breach of contract case, but also as fraud and deceptive trade practice causes of action, which will entitle you not only to your damages, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times your actual damages as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit. Even if you have to file the suit, that's likely all you will need do. In my experience, the seller will settle this without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages and the fraud and/or deceptive trade practice judgments being on the record.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please call me, I bought the business in NY, can you represent me?

Let me see if I can extend the phone call option for you from here. Please stand by.

The site won't let me do that. If you will contact customer service to straighen out the payment situation, it will clear the way for me to call you. Thanks for your patience. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am waiting

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Give me your number, I will call you

I have to abide by the JustAnswer guidelines. I'm not allowed to provide personal information to you outside of the JustAnswer guidelines. To discuss this on the phone with you, the payment has to go through JustAnswer. I'm sorry!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please call me, all clear

Can you request the phone call again now? Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please call me

I can't initiate a call. The request has to come from you at which point I can accept. I don't have the ability to initiate the call from my end. I'm sorry!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What I have to do for phone call?

I've contacted the administration to seek their help with this.

I've yet to hear anything from the moderators. I will continue to monitor this, however. Thanks for being patient!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please call me after an hour
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please call I am available