I have a question in regards to property damages. Michigan,

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question in regards ***** ***** damages.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A police report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just the matter that occured

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Michael Gonzalez,
 replied 11 months ago
Michael Gonzalez
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.What is your question?
My neighbor that lives behind me, his son was using his bebe gun and one hit my house window. I called the police out, made a report, the neighbor claimed responsibility.
I wanted the neighbors homeowners insurance info., he wouldn't give it to me. What can I do to get that info.?
My window is expensive and I just remodeled the room.
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello, different expert here.. Your recourse is to get an estimate for the cost or replacing the window and then file a small claims lawsuit against the neighbor for your damages. If he doesn't want to involve his homeowner's insurance, then he can pay you out of pocket.

.

You can sue him for up to $3,000 in small claims court and don't need an attorney. You would complete the summons and complaint forms that the clerks give you and then file them. The clerks will help to get the summons served by the sheriff on the neighbor to force them to come to court and defend.

.

But it is likely that once he is served with a summons, he will just contact you and settle. If he does, make sure he also reimburses you for any court filing fees as well as your window damages.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much