My great aunt died in new York years ago I just found out im…

Customer Question
My great aunt died...

My great aunt died in new York years ago I just found out im a major part of the will but I live in las vegas nv she had a major stroke before she died so I don't know the layers name or firm

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any legal documents been drafted or filed?

No

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

Can you tell me what county she deceased in, have you been contacted by executor here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
she died in onieda county new York no I have not been contacted by anyone
she lived and died in onieda conty new York no I have not been contacted by anyone.
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different Attorney. The Attorney that you were working with opted out of your question. I am sorry that no one contacted you when your aunt passed. Are you trying to find out if your Aunt had a will that you may have been named in as beneficiary?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i know she had a will and I knowi am in it so are my siblings miss hall told me bfore she had a stroke that we were basically the only ones in the will
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I may have a name on her lawyer

The Will is required to filed in court or the siblings would have no legal authority to transfer assets. Have you checked with the county to see if the Will was filed? Let me provide the link for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i don't know where the will is or how to get her death certificate

You can check with the court to see if it was filed. Under the law this was required http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/5jd/oneida/surrogate/probate.shtml

I can also provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in that area.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out. Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Did you want this question closed?