How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1059
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I am trying to get a settlement for my minor

Customer Question

Second opinion] I am trying to get a settlement for my minor child from a LARGE well known company. I do not have an attorney I am trying to settle out of court. I am now being told by their insurance company that A.R.S. 14-5103 states they need a judge approval. They are also trying to order that all settlement be placed in a bank account for my minor child. How do I get them to release funds to me (the parent) so that I may use the funds to pay my out of pocket expenses, the minors medical bills, and to provide further care for my child? I do not know the amount of the settlement so I do not know weather or not it will exceed $10,000 but I believe it should so I don't know what to do if the amount exceeds $10,000.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.

What the insurance company is telling you is correct. Any kind of judgment that involves a minor is going to need a court order. Once the court ordered is entered then the account will be set up. I would ask the insurance company to put a provision in to allow you to reimburse yourself for the expenses that you have listed and have been paid by you or need to be paid. If the insurance company will not allow you to do that then you can petition the court to allow those bills to be paid.