Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am being harassed at the apartment complex where I live by…

Customer Question
I am being harassed...

I am being harassed at the apartment complex where I live by about 6 ladies. Is there anyway I could get them to lay off?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the harassment ongoing? Is there an immediate danger of physical harm?

No physical harm. Harassment is ongoing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I reported it to management. Of coarse they denie it and turn it all around.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they are harassing you and will not cease, you have the right to go to the local court and file a civil harassment restraining order against them and have each of them served with the order. Then if they violate that order you can go to the court to have them found in contempt and jailed or fined for their contempt. You can also sue each of them separately for harassment and seek a monetary judgment against them for harassment and the emotional distress it is causing you.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney