Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm in California and had a contractor license. There was a

Customer Question

I'm in California and had a contractor license. There was a claim on my license bond 10 years ago and the claim was paid but the surety company demand for repayment from me. Is there a statue of limitations on this surety vlaim
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm trying to renew my license which has been expired over 10 years, and the state is asking me to clear this surety claim. There were never any judgement filed
JA: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the above question of statue of limitations on the surety claim
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.The claim is contractual and accordingly time barred - 4 years to pursue.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up