I am trying to find out how a realtor company has for their…

Customer Question
Hello, I am trying...

Hello, I am trying to find out how long a realtor company has for their attorney to verify my companion letter? It's been a week and two days.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The realtor company says that they sent it to their attorneys to verify. I have spoken with my doctor twice now and he's not received anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Am I being discriminated against? What is my tenant rights?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Hello?
Waiting
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

There is no fixed time period but if you don't hear anything this week you have right to keep bothering them about it.In my mind it has been long enough especially if you hear nothing back this week. It would be prudent of them to respond to you within 14 days.This allows for weekends, etc and still be timely.If you don't hear something this week call by Friday and bug them some more.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

I have a bunch of them just about every day since I originally went in to sign the lease and handed them my companion letter. They said oh well will have to get back" Long do they legally have to verify this?
Is this another question because you didn't answer my original question? When you say 14 days is that including weekends or not including weekends?
Are you there? I am trying to rent a new unit.