Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I just have a few questions about a succession that was

Customer Question
filed at the end of...
I just have a few questions about a succession that was filed at the end of july about my father's inherintance.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: louisiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: one moment while i get my paperwork in front of me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, a succession was filed on july 27th regarding a petition filing tableau of distribution on my late father's behalf.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
it was filed on july 27th. There was a posting in the local paper on the 4th under the legal section.
SUCCESSION TWENTY-FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT PARISH OF TANGIPAHOA STATE OF LOUISIANA NO. - Hammond Star: Legal
Advanced Search75°
Clear
August 6, 2017
Home
Local News
Sports
Obituaries
Classifieds
Digital Daily Star
Multimedia
Forms
Contact Us
Advertise
Best of TangiSpotlight
Window signage guidelines to go before city councilNever Too SoonJury finds man guilty of murderPonchatoula Police chief arrests wanted manMore pre-trial motions set in Amite murder casePolice on hunt for escaped suspectParish jail visit times changesCouncil talks art funds, traffic study in AmiteSurvival MindsetAssociation: Hotel tax would hurt economyHammond Police BlotterKiwanis inducts Graff, plans auctionShoplifting traffic stop turns fatalLocal man dies in shootingEquipment stolen from cityMurder hearing will be Sept. 26Schools schedule welcome eventsRescue dogs looking betterEclipse fever continues to buildHammond Fire ReportsTop Sports
A breakdown of SLU's basketball recruiting philosophiesGolf's Little League World SeriesChatting with Tigers football coachRain falls at 'Meet the Jackets'Hammond hires former UNLV coachSumner transitions to spread offensePonchatoula chasing winning traditionSaints' Payton says Marshon Lattimore 'tweaked' his kneeEast winds bring in salty waterKentwood starts practiceSaints rookie Ramczyk to tackle high-stakes tests in campSTA begins fall practiceSleepwalking with the oldiesChristmas in July 5K attracts 500 runnersGuzzardo seeks to bring winning culture to SLUMistretta happy for return to SLUHammond focuses on details in practicesNew tournaments dot Lions' 2017-18 golf scheduleChappapeela hosts indoor soccer campSLU coaches meet with Ponchatoula fans+ Place your adLegal Announcements
ClassifiedsSearchcommunityannouncementslegalSave
Ad ToolsSharePrint AdAsk a question
SUCCESSION TWENTY-FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT PARISH OF TANGIPAHOA STATE OF LOUISIANA NO.Posted: 2 days ago
SUCCESSION TWENTY-FIRST JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT PARISH OF TANGIPAHOA STATE OF LOUISIANA NO. 2017-0030005 DIVISION: D SUCCESSIONS OF DUANE OVERHEU FILED: JULY 27, 2017 /s/Robin Wilkinson DEPUTY CLERK NOTICE OF FILING TABLEAU OF DISTRIBUTION NOTICE is here given to the creditors of this Estate and all other interested persons to show cause within seven (7) days from the publication of this notice, if any they have or can, why the tableau of distribution filed by AMY ELLEN MASCAIR, Executor should not be approved and homologated and the funds distributed in accordance with it. /s/Robin Wilkinson #90799 Deputy Clerk of Court, Tangipahoa Parish Respectfully ***** ***** Couture, #22759 COUTURE LAW, LLC 337 Highway 21, Suite D Madisonville, Louisiana 70447(###) ###-####Fax(###) ###-####AUGUST 4, 2017 17-08-21Location:
90799 Deputy Clerk Of Court 70447
MapPosted in Legal on Friday, August 4, 2017 1:34 pm.Share
1Listing ID: ede95769-ab88-5851-8f7f-fddee4bfd55f
Find other ads like this
Featured SearchesBy Category
LegalLeave a comment or ask a question.
Log In
Sign Up
Eedition
Sunday 08/06/2017
The Daily StarDaily Star on FacebookPiggly Wiggly CircularPiggly Wiggly CircularClassifieds
CarsClassifieds
Real Estate
3 BR, 2 BA on 1 acre. Albany school district.Updated: August 04
LUXURY, 1 & 2 BR apts. Quiet, near SLU, waterUpdated: August 04
1 BR. All bills pd. Pet ok. $750mo. $500dep. Ponchatoula.Updated: August 04
More Real Estate;
Contact us
hammondstar.com
hammondstar.com
Phone number:(###) ###-####E-mail:***@******.***
Address: 725 S. Morrison Blvd.
Hammond, LA 70403
Sections
Home
Breaking News
Local News
Sports
Opinion
Obituaries
Digital Daily Star
Videos
Online Features
Weather
Services
About Us
Contact Us
Advertise
Subscription Services
Submission Forms
Site Index
Add Search Toolbar
Search
Search in:
All
News
Sports
Opinion
Photos
Video
© Copyright 2017, Hammond Star, Hammond, LA. Powered by BLOX Content Management System from TownNews.com. [Terms of Use | Privacy Policy]
it is under succession of duane overheu
I am wondering how long this process will take. My father's lawyer said it could take 2-3 weeks once it was filed. If all goes accordingly, when should we receive payment and how do we receive the payment? will we be taxed?
8/6/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here this is a legal notice to creditors required by law.If such creditors file claims the representative of the estate has to apply for permission to pay them from the court.When a succession representative desires to pay estate debts, he shall file a petition for authority and shall include in or annex to the petition a tableau of distribution listing those estate debts to be paid.

CCP 3303 - Louisiana State Legislature

I appreciate the chance to help you today please let me know if you have follow up.Thanks for your patience.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer