Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My boyfriend is in jail because he would not help police set

Customer Question

My boyfriend is in jail because he would not help police set someone up and his bond is $95,000 is this legal?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Florida, he was pulled over on june 2nd the police said they found drug in the car he was driving but not on his person they let him leave the scene and go home 2 weeks later they issued a warrant because he did not do what they told him to do
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: We have filed for bond reduction
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I cannot comment on your brother's specific case, but generally, it is not only legal but also a common practice for police to offer for a drug suspect to cooperate and if the suspect refuses, then the suspect is charged with serious drug crimes later on.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

Thank you.

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 23 days ago.

Thank you.