Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] I recived a speeding ticket going 92 in a 60

Customer Question

Second opinion] I recived a speeding ticket going 92 in a 60 but it was at 4am in the morning I was just headed to work and there was nobody on the road. I am pretty sure I was not going that fast as I have a le toyota Corolla . Anyway court was scheduled for 3/14 but we got snow that day and court was canceled. It was moved to 5/31 , well my wife went into rehab in April and got out on 5/22, with all that going on I completly forgot the court date. So the judge suspended my licesence for failure to appear but the day after the court date I remember and paid the fine and the suspension was recalled, but because I was 20mph over a speed limit of 65 i got 5 points and had to take a driver improvement class which I did but I want to know can I still get a court date so I can explain to the judge what happened? 5 points is going to kill my insurance./Visitor19655476: Last ticlket was in July 2013JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Was a citation issued? Has a court date been set?Customer: its al in my messageJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry it was a 92 in a 65
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, you are not entitled to a new hearing in the case. The Court cannot reopen the hearing under the circumstances.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,