The apartment complex took our money for rent and admin fee,

Customer Question
The apartment complex took...

The apartment complex took our money for rent and admin fee, had us to move in an apartment that was not ready, but they said it was. We moved boxes in and the next day we were ready to move in the furniture, the ceiling fell in in the bathroom, therefore we had to keep our furniture in the moving van until they get us another unit to move in. It's been a week and they still do not have it ready yet. We are sleeping on the floor in one of the bedrooms, and I had to send my daughter to stay with her grandmother because she has asthma. She starts school on Monday, but we don't have anywhere to stay. What can we do about these landlords responsibility?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, We have been given the run around from the property manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not as I know of. They kept us from walking through the apartment before they say it was ready.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/5/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.