Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My father was arrest for false imprisonment, the women who

Customer Question

My father was arrest for false imprisonment, the women who filed the charges is still living in his home. I am his power of attorney at the moment. Should I have her evicted before bailing him out of jail? Won't that be the only legal way to make her move out?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As far as eviction? Or criminal charges?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My father was charged with false imprisonment and is incarcerated. I have filed eviction already also.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Yes, an eviction is the only way to force her from the home in any reasonable time period. However, you are not suppose to file a lawsuit yourself even using a POA. Only an actual attorney/lawyer can file legal papers on behalf of someone else and pursue the matter in court. Technically it is against the law for you to represent your father in court. The easiest resolution to this is to have an attorney step in and take over.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.