Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I got a letter from the circuit court. A order of transfer

Customer Question
what do that men JA: Since...
I got a letter from the circuit court. A order of transfer what do that men
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Tenn
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Divorce
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I got my date for hearing for my divorce and now I receive a letter from the circuit court saying it a order of transfer saying its appears to the court that the above styled case was filed and should be transferred with the low docket number. Division I. It is therefore ordered that the above styled case is transferred to the judges with the low docket number. What do that mean.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
8/5/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

There could have been two filings here, the other spouse could have filed too, or other reason the court transferred it to the other docket number, could have been misfiled by staff or similar reasons.It should not slow down the divorce process its just routine housekeeping.No effect on case here at all as far as being heard.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.I wish you the best here.Thanks again let me know if you have more.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer