Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

O am a trucker who wants to get my own authority..i pull…

Customer Question
o am a trucker who...
o am a trucker who wants to get my own authority..i pull frieght for a guy..had my truck financed thre ge capitol..but the guy i currently worked for cut his rates that goes to my pay...so he took a loan out and payed my truck off ..he put my truck in his company name or in his name not sure wich...i pay 884 dollars a month wich is deducted from my pay..i want to leave and get my own authority because hehas cut my rate of pay..ive made payments since feb every week..but now he tells me i cant leave him and work the truck until it is payed off..but ive already payed 17 thousand dollars back to him...no lease or any kind of agreement was sighned at all...can he legally stop me from working the truck somewhere else or under my own authority since i meet every payment
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.You are free to leave. You are not bound to him and can work as you wish. If he contests you can threaten to sue!If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
Let me know, thanks.
thats what i thaught..the only thing that worries me is whe i have to renew commercial tags in 3 months..since he has title but i have payment reciepts on truck can he stop me from getting tags
i just need to onow he cannot block me from getting tags.
hello
He cannot block you.
You are free to do so!
Good luck. If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney