Im being sued by my sister for an estate that we own

Customer Question
Im being sued by...

Im being sued by my sister for an estate that we own together and would like to know what type of lawyer I will need to obtain for this processing

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the assets in question? Have any documents been drafted?

The house and a parking lot , I received a letter from her lawyer yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate planning laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure at this point

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/5/2017
Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.What is your sister suing you for?
I and my children live in the house and take care of all maintenance and taxes on this house that my sister and I both own and she (sister) is suing me to pay her rent on this house
Thanks for the information. If you own the house (or an interest in the house) then you should be required to pay rent. However, you couldn't prevent her from moving in as well....so if you wanted to keep her out, you may have to pay for that reason....The only alternative would be to file a partition lawsuit and force the sale of the property.