I sent two packages clearly marked fragile,this side up,and…

Customer Question
I sent two packages...

I sent two packages clearly marked fragile,this side up,and glass, for MN. When I inquired about the none delievery of boxes I was told they attempted to deliver at 209 pm on the 4th of August, this is clearly desputed by security footage after speaking with several ups agents over seversl hours yesterday I was informed by an agent out of Forest Park GA that the driver found the boxes damaged and that they DO NOT deliver damaged packages yet as I speak to an agent today no note of damage has been found and they will attempt to deliver again today

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have not seen the packages althought I was told that I could come to the Hub in Forest Park to acess the damaged packages and that she, Julie was entering the damage into the UPS system last night

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know that they will continue to hold the damaged packages claiming to attempt delivery until they have reached the limit on deliveries until I will be made responsible for picking them up. I also took out insurance on the boxes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/5/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to report the package as lost/damaged or stolen first off to initiate a insurance claim. If you have done that already, then your next step is to speak to a supervisor if they are not paying you the value of the package. Finally, you do need to go in if they told you to go in and you need to inspect and photograph the packages.
If they refuse to pay you on your claim, then you have a right to file suit in court against them for breach of contract for failure to deliver and the value of the damage if the packages were damaged.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.