Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
My ex and his attorney have submitted a motion for contempt
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
For Law EducatorMy ex and his attorney have submitted a motion for contempt quickly followed by a revised motion for contempt. The first motion for contempt has a clause 4 which includes a blatant lie… read more
Uh oh I think I caught shananigans. I think it does violate
Ray, Lawyer
Uh oh I think I caught shananigans. I think it does violate this trust type and she did not add her testomony on last request.IOLTA trust? Based on review looks like something completely different.… read more
Second opinion] I had to dismiss my attorney during a
Phillips Esq., Attorney
Second opinion] I had to dismiss my attorney during a critical point of a civil suit. I was able to negotiate a settlement with the opposing party. WE executed a settlement agreement last Tuesday that… read more
I just had a lawsuit dismissed in court of jurisdiction. I
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I just had a lawsuit dismissed in court for lack of jurisdiction. I was the plaintiff. The case is over. Now, the otherwise unemployed attorney who took the case for the defendants wants me to send hi… read more
My question is about the use of deception in Court. At my
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Hello again. My question is about the use of deception in Court. At my trial hearing, opposing counsel pursued the issue of me violating vacation parent time by my scheduling a vacation that extended … read more
Now the opposing lawyer sent me another motion stated
Ely, Counselor at Law
Now the opposing lawyer sent me another motion stated "Respondent's motion for sanctions pursuant to Florida statute 57.105. ". Then he went on to say that unless I agree to withdraw my "motion to vac… read more
Do I need to respond in writing to untrue statements in a Rule
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Do I need to respond in writing to untrue statements in a Rule 21 Motion to Dismiss? A hearing has been scheduled to review the motion, so I assume I could wait until then. These aren't small errors, … read more
I supplied evidence in an effort to settle a lawsuit that my
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
I supplied evidence in an effort to settle a lawsuit that my father filed against me. In his first amended complaint he also added my siblings as plaintiffs. The evidence I supplied disproved his cont… read more
I filed a counterclaim to a debt collectors lawsuit. The attorney
Ely, Counselor at Law
I filed a counterclaim to a debt collectors lawsuit. The attorney to the plaintiff has filed a motion to dismiss counterclaim. I know I need a response, but don't know exactly to word it correctly. He… read more
What is the protocol in challenging your lawyers motion to
Jack R.
Jack R., Partner
What is the protocol in challenging your lawyers motion to withdraw from case, I'd rather not have him as my attorney but due to his decisions against my wishes, and the pleading he filed in July he t… read more
ELY -- Judicial philosophy My problem with understanding
Ely, Counselor at Law
ELY -- Judicial philosophy My problem with understanding your statement is that, to me, if a lawyer is making a mis-statement of facts that have been offered before the court in testimony at a pretria… read more
Im involved in a lawsuit in federal court. Well after they
BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
I'm involved in a lawsuit in federal court. Well after they were allowed to due so Defendants filed a bogus counterclaim. I want to strike the counterclaim, but also I want to sanction them for this b… read more
Motion for sanctions filed pro se (1) Attorney made false facts in complaint, (2) failed
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
Motion for sanctions filed pro se: (1) Attorney made false facts in complaint, (2) failed to include enough facts to make their claim, (3) controverted facts in the complaint through a sworn affidavit… read more
I non-suited 3 claims against my condo assn., all within the
Ely, Counselor at Law
I non-suited 3 claims against my condo assn., all within the precribed time frame The 3 counterclaims filed by the assn. are pending a trial, set for 12/10. Although not permitted by VA statutes, foll… read more
I filed a restraining order request against an individual who
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
I filed a restraining order request against an individual who has been harrassing the folks i live with. I did this pro se and used a request form that originated in califormia. Per west virginia law … read more
We are being sued, we have paid an attorney nearly $9,000.00
Richard, Owner
We are being sued, we have paid an attorney nearly $9,000.00 to handle this for us. Now, the attorney has not only NOT done the job, but actually has motions from the opposing side requesting sanction… read more
I had claims against a company for breach of contract, violation
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I had claims against a company for breach of contract, violation of g.l.c 93a fraud in the inducement promissory estoppel, unjust enrichment, tortious interference with business relationships misrepre… read more
This deals with the Federal Court, Rules Federal Procedure
Brent Blanchard
Brent Blanchard, Solo Practitioner
This deals with the Federal Court, Rules Federal Procedure and I need case law. I wish to bring a motion for default because of tortious interference from opposing counsel with my counsel, what cause … read more