Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Booked to fly perth to u-tapao international airport

Customer Question

booked to fly perth to u-tapao international airport Thailand on Monday 26-6-17 via k/l flight delayed 4 hours connecting flight already left the next flight in 2days forced to pay 180 au dollars to get to Bangkok 100 au dollars for overnight hotel and 100 au dollars for taxi the next morning to get to bang chang(u-tapao airport a total of 380 dollars extra with no compensation or apology am I intitled to a refund.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wa
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: tried to contact on the night and told by air asia that they were only a webpage and redirected to a dead phone number in jakarter Indonesia.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I paid all the expenses and it was my daughter who was travelling the worsed part of the whole unhappy experience was that there was nobody in perth to contact.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Was the original flight and the delayed flight part of the same booking / reservation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Most airlines do have policies which provide for compensation when the connecting flight is missed due to the original flight delay and in most cases the compensation would be limited to hotel accommodation cost and for any transportation (if the passenger was forced to fly out of a different airport), so it is important to contact airlines customer service and to file a claim with them and provide the airline with any required information for the claim, such as copy of the hotel bill and taxi bill.

I wish you the best of luck!