I hired a lawyer for my daughter defense in the sum of 3.500…

Customer Question
I hired a lawyer...

I hired a lawyer for my daughter defense in the sum of 3.500 dollares to retain this lawyer said she could help my daughter in her case but all that was said and the little she done nothing but more pain and suffering came to my daugtheris the lawyer appears in court once and the second the by phone with no progress in the case she than dismiss her self saying her job was done I've been asking her sense dy one to a contract for hire and has not supplied it or the cost of services and billing is she right in doing this

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In my daughters case that has not been at her interest also her x is in conflict of unrest and the court well not address the conflict if the conflict is granted do the decidgans made with in the conflict be revers in all money attorney fee paid to her x,s attorney payed back to my daughter

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/5/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the attorney did not do what they said they would do when you paid them and they did not do what you paid them to do, then you can sue them for breach of contract and seek to recover your money back. You can also go to the state bar and file a complaint against the attorney.
At that point you can get another attorney to step in and take his place and try to fix what he did not do right and if he cannot and that attorney determines that the first attorney was negligent you can file another suit against the attorney for legal malpractice.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.