Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am in need of a lawyer -- anyone! -- who can CERTIFY, not

Customer Question

I am in need of a lawyer -- anyone! -- who can CERTIFY, not notarize, my drivers' license and passport to satisfy J.P. Morgan in London who will not relinquish money they have of mine until they are satisfied that I am who I claim to be. This saga has dragged on for four years! Can you help? Please?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I am NOT confused! I have consulted FOUR DIFFERENT NOTARIES and have finally, blessedly, only recently been advised that in the State of California, notaries are not authorized to certify documents.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Can you answer my question, please! Are you qualified by British law to certify these documents?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am an American citizen. I lived in the U.K. for forty years. I had £8,500 invested in J.P. Morgan. I moved back to the U.S.A. in 2009. Since 2012, I have been endeavoring to close my account with J.P. Morgan, which is insistent on having CERTIFIED copies of my drivers license and passport. Notarization is not acceptable for J.P. Morgan's requirements; I have learned that by law notaries in the State of California are not permitted to act on my behalf in this instance.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

For certification of your California Driver's License, you need to contact California Secretary of State. Click here for contact information.

For U.S. Passport, you need to contact U.S. State Department, Office of Authentications. Click here for contact information.

Best wishes,