I live on a property where "construction' was being done. I…

Customer Question
I live on a...

I live on a property where "construction' was being done. I put it in quotes because everything here is done half assed and nothing to code. Anyway they put a doormat over a hole in which I fell a fractured a rib. Was in a wheelchair for a few weeks and let it go because the owner of the property is an old friend. Then they asked my son, who also lives here, to move his piano so they could do some other work. He's a real strong kid but they think he's Hercules. Yeah I know...he could've said "no"...but he did it and ruptured his bicep tendon and had to have surgery. Now I'm pissed. I spent three weeks in excruciating pain, and he's lost his two passions...working out and playing piano. Waddya thing

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live on a property where "construction' was being done. I put it in quotes because everything here is done half assed and nothing to code. Anyway they put a doormat over a hole in which I fell a fractured a rib. Was in a wheelchair for a few weeks and let it go because the owner of the property is an old friend. Then they asked my son, who also lives here, to move his piano so they could do some other work. He's a real strong kid but they think he's Hercules. Yeah I know...he could've said "no"...but he did it and ruptured his bicep tendon and had to have surgery. Now I'm pissed. I spent three weeks in excruciating pain, and he's lost his two passions...working out and playing piano. What's you take on this? Thanks.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Think I pretty much covered it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.I am sorry this happened. On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.I would pursue through a personal injury lawyer on contingency fee basis. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.
Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up