I have a judgment and a lien on Florida home and the estate…

Customer Question
I have a judgment...

I have a judgment and a lien on Florida home and the estate attorney says it will cost them 2K to file a Florida's homestead exemption and protect 100% of the property value. I find this hard to believe.

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the assets in question? Have any documents been drafted?

I don't know the value of the home but I think it is expensive. My judgment is for $3,600. The guy keyed my car in Indiana 8 years ago and now he is deceased.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, he was served in Florida and I have a legal judgment.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

Is there a probate case currently open to settle the person's estate?

.

If so, have you submitted a creditor claim to the representative of the estate for your judgment?

.

.

thanks

The florida attorney wants me to settle for 2K. Judgement is for $3600.

.

.

.

.

.

thanks

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Those phone call offers are not generated by me, but rather by the JustAnswer website. I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..

Tina, Lawyer