Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I gave a contractor two deposits totaling $2500K during the

Customer Question

I gave a mason contractor two deposits totaling $2500K during the memorial day weekend timeframe. He has been giving me nothing but excuse after excuse about why he could not do the job. I still have nothing more than minor landscaping done (no masonry work) Monday of this past week I asked him for my deposit funds back after again trying to reach him on the telephone and he had his father call me to say that the job would be back on track this week and apologizing for his son's behavior, etc. His dad did come to my home on Tuesday and said that he would be back the next day (Wednesday) but still had a couple of days left at another job. It did rain one afternoon but that is it. I still have nothing more done that I did on Monday. What should I do?
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: No
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at this time
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Did you sign a written agreement? If yes, did the contract state a start and end date?