Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My Mother died in 1997 and in her will her will she left all…

Customer Question
My Mother died in...

My Mother died in 1997 and in her will her will she left all her property to her six children but t

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the assets in question? Have any documents been drafted?

Her property was left to her 6 chuldren but it has not been put in our names. there was rental property included. the will was registered but nothing else was done. she named an executor and an alternate.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the will

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate planning laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The alternate has been paying the taxes all these years, does that mean she can take the property?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Has the alternate been LIVING there all this time? How many years, to be exact?

Tina, Lawyer