Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Can an email be considered legal for notification purposes?

Customer Question

can an email be considered legal for notification purposes? It is too long to go into but I emailed my lawyer that I wanted to get out of business by a certain date. I did send and read receipt. no response. I want him to know I am serious about the date and not just stating I want it
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: New Mexico
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no like I said it is kind of complicated
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Was the notice required in a contract?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no, they are supposed to be transferring business back to original owner. keep changing dates so I thought I would make it clear that I want it done by date I gave them. I am hopeing this happens but trying to be proactive in case I have to shut business down. I am planning on finding a lawyer anyway
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Where it the obligation to return the business to the original owner originating? Was this a sale? Was there a contract regarding the sale?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok I thought charge was for 5.00. I just want one simple question answered. $47.00?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Please be aware that I, and the other Experts on the site, are site users like you (I am not an employee of JA), and I do not (and can not) see any account info or address payment issues, but Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

If you are having trouble, you can reach Customer Service assistance at this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

where you can chat, call, or send a support request. You can also email directly to *****@******.***

Thanks.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Did you wish to continue?