Can an email be considered legal for notification purposes?

Customer Question
Can an email be...

Can an email be considered legal for notification purposes? It is too long to go into but I emailed my lawyer that I wanted to get out of business by a certain date. I did send and read receipt. no response. I want him to know I am serious about the date and not just stating I want it

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No like I said it is kind of complicated

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Was the notice required in a contract?

no, they are supposed to be transferring business back to original owner. keep changing dates so I thought I would make it clear that I want it done by date I gave them. I am hopeing this happens but trying to be proactive in case I have to shut business down. I am planning on finding a lawyer anyway

Where it the obligation to return the business to the original owner originating? Was this a sale? Was there a contract regarding the sale?

ok I thought charge was for 5.00. I just want one simple question answered. $47.00?

Please be aware that I, and the other Experts on the site, are site users like you (I am not an employee of JA), and I do not (and can not) see any account info or address payment issues, but Customer Service will be happy to assist you.

If you are having trouble, you can reach Customer Service assistance at this link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

where you can chat, call, or send a support request. You can also email directly to *****@******.***

Thanks.

Did you wish to continue?