Does Microsoft use a "legitimate" company (India)wanting…

Customer Question
Does Microsoft use a...

Does Microsoft use a "legitimate" company (India)wanting $150 to renew my Microsoft 5-year license? Is this for real?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

Does Microsoft employees a company (India) for renewing my 5-year computer license? They want $150.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I thought there was such a thing as license. When I worked at university, they had to renew license.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Iowa.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's my main problem. I am scared that it's a scam.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. No, this is a scam. Do not give them any money. Microsoft would never call you and ask for money over the phone. Ignore this person and do not give them any money or information. When you buy a product and have to sign up and pay a renewal fee, the company will send you an email. For example, this happens with me with my virus software or word document software. However, nobody is going to be calling you over the phone and if you ever have concerns, call their corporate headquarters directly.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!