I have a bit of a story with my question in order to explain…

Customer Question
Hi! I have a...

Hi! I have a bit of a story with my question in order to explain exacttly

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania 17257

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not on our end, im asking for my boyfriend. He was let go from his job with zero explaination. Cops showed up two days later and arrested him for supposedly stealing from his job. They have not given him any video or evidence and are now withholding his last paycheck. Can they legally do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont believe so i think thats it thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

He should file a wage complaint here over the last check

https://www.google.com/search?q=pa+last+check+complaint&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

He will need his layer here , the one he hires or is appointed to him to request he surveillance video or other evidence in the case or alternatively his lawyer files motion to dismiss if they lack such evidence.

He has rights and needs a lawyer to pursue all of this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Here is a summary of theft penalties in PA:

• Items Value: Under $50. Charge: Misdemeanor 3. Maximum Penalty: 1 year in prison (or summary offense)
  • Items Value: Over $50. Charge: Misdemeanor 2. Maximum Penalty: 3 years in prison.
  • Items Value: Over $200. Charge: Misdemeanor 1. ...
  • Items Value: Over $2000. Charge: Felony 3.

Pennsylvania Theft Laws | The McShane Firm, LLC - Law Offices