We're launching an initial coin offering (ICO). We are US…

Customer Question
We're launching an initial coin...
We're launching an initial coin offering (ICO). We are US citizens and want to be compliant with the SEC. Our tokens are similar to securities and will fall within SEC regulation. If we establish the company in Gibraltar, and we don't allow other US citizens to participate in the token sale (so that they don't buy these "securities"), will we be in trouble with the SEC or would be likely be ok?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are selling outside the US and are not selling to any US residents within the US, then the SEC would not have jurisdiction over you if you are set up in Gibraltar to sell. The US SEC has jurisdiction over US companies located in the US selling in the US and to US residents.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.