Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a question about a claim that i filed in small claims

Customer Question
Hello Pearl i have a...
Hello Pearl i have a question about a claim that i filed in small claims court do you have advice in matters like this?
JA: What damages are sought in the case?
Customer: To fix the damage that was inflected on my car that was setting in my driveway
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes I filed all the nessesery paperwork and had my day in court just a few days ago and the judge dismissed the case because the driver was only 17 years old. But she was not insured
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can i file a case against her Father the car was in her name
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes you need to sue the parent here.She is a minor and under the law the parents have liability.You would be able to proceed against the parent.You have a much better chance to try and collect from the parent in this matter.Also don't forget to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage this might help pay you for damages to your car.But you just need to refile here against the parent.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and the best here.'

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer