I run a tech shop and provide various services such as

Customer Question
Hello, i run a...

Hello, i run a tech shop and provide various services such as outdoor wifi. i have a customer that has been dodging me for a week now.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

He owes me 455.32. new york

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet... this is a very small town... he has taken many contractors for a ride and not paid

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did some wifi work for him. can i get into trouble for disabling the wifi to his camp resort until he pays me?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello... please call my cell when you have an answer for me...(###) ###-####here is the for lack of a better term... customer http://www.troutruncamping.com/
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am supposed to get paid cash this morning at 10 am. it will be the 5th time i have been out there to get paid this week.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
10am eastern. i will be there at 9am
8/4/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 1 year ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.Given amount involved consider small claims court.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Threatening to sue may prompt payment.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but can i disable the wifi at the campgrounds to get him to pay me without getting into trouble?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i had to juggle funds to pay for this.. his money is my rent money
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
small claims court.... i could still win the case but there is no guarantee he will pay after the case.
Practically I would leverage the service to get paid. Otherwise need to sue and you are correct no guarantee of collection
Good luck. Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up