KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

What is the definition of motor vehicle in georgia, State of

Customer Question

what is the definition of motor vehicle in georgia
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: State of Georgia and i'm trying to find out if a golf cart is considered a motor vehicle in georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no not at this time
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm trying to see if a golf cart is considered a motorvehicle
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will help you today
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
The definition of motor vehicle is as follows. “Motor vehicle” is defined as “every vehicle which is self-propelled other than an electric personal assistive mobility device (EPAMD).” O.C.G.A. § 40-1-1(33)(Supp. 2006). A golf cart is a motor vehicle as defined as “any motorized vehicle designed for off-road use which is equipped with three or more low pressure tires and with a seat to be straddled by the operator and with handlebars for steering control.” O.C.G.A. § 40-1-1(3)(Supp. 2006).So, a golf cart, are vehicles that are covered by the provisions of the Uniform Rules of the Road. The definitions of both “vehicle” and “motor vehicle” contained in O.C.G.A. § 40-1-1(Supp. 2006) are broad definitions and include golf carts, which are simply another type of vehicle.So, golf carts, if operating on the highways of the State of Georgia are governed by the Uniform Rules of the Road as set forth in Chapter 6 of Title 40 of the Georgia Code and are motor vehicles if operated on the highway.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and will not be paid unless you rate the question.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
If you have any other questions please just ask.