I was in Federal Couthouse in FT WOrTH TX today to pic up…

Customer Question
I was in Federal...

I was in Federal Couthouse in FT WOrTH TX today to pic up tort relief forms....i want to sue citibank

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

UH DUH...TEXAS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOT YEYT

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That RUSSIAN fyi

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i need procedural advice and standing is not an issue.....WELLS FARGO and Citibank have both relayed unreliable info to the credit agencies and now i couldnt buy a pack of gum on credit my FICO score is so low......injured???? ne'st pas
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WOULD FEDERAL COURT IN ANOTHER JURISDICTION BE MORE ADVANTAGEOUS.....Baltimore, MD for eexample
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Check the account disclosures associated with your accounts from each company. Sometimes they say that you're agreeing to sue in a specific place. If it says you have to sue in one state and you file in another, they'll file a Motion to Dismiss, and then you're out the filing fee. It's better to prevent that if possible.

Otherwise, since the case is under federal law, there shouldn't be any advantage to filing in a state other than the one where you live. You'd have to pay to travel to court for hearings and the trial, which could mean taking time off work, and none of that is compensable as part of your damages. Most people prefer to file near where they live when possible for that reason.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Do you have any questions about this?