If Trust is only under husband's name but the deed is under…

Customer Question
If Trust is only...

If Trust is only under husband's name but the deed is under both husband and wife's name , if trust decides to foreclose on property and wife which her name is ***** ***** deed but not on the loan applies for bankruptcy could that stop foreclosure process ( Only wife applies not husband)

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a fixed-rate or adjustable-rate mortgage?

Adjustable rate,

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Woodbridge, VA

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that should be it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

if trust decides to foreclose on property and wife which her name is ***** ***** deed but not on the loan applies for bankruptcy could that stop foreclosure process

.

Yes, it would stop any foreclosure action because when someone files BK, there is an automatic stay to all creditor actions. And a foreclosure is a creditor action. The property would then go into the BK estate under the control of the BK trustee until the bankruptcy was sorted out.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much