Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
99092957

Wife pulled over for drinking, Nh, In process asking if she

Customer Question

Wife pulled over for drinking
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Nh
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: In process asking if she should submit to blood testing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
she should submit to blood testing if she is being looked at with suspicion of drunk driving. By refusing the blood test, she is opening herself up to liability just on the basis of the refusal
It usually does not help you to refuse to take a blood, breath, or urine test when you are arrested for a DUI. In New Hampshire, the consequences for a first DUI include $500 fines, an impaired-driver intervention program, and suspension of your license for 9 months. You have to go to jail too if you have had more than one DUI. These consequences are more severe than refusing a chemical test. Still, refusing the test does not guarantee that you won’t be convicted – you could be found guilty of a DUI even if your refusal means that the state does not have proof that your BAC was over.08%, the legal limit for those over 21. In fact, the prosecution can use your refusal against you by arguing that you refused the test because you knew that you were intoxicated and guilty of DUI.
Please write the advice. While I do not do this for the ratings, my compensation is time to the rating system. Thank you. If you should have any other questions feel free to ask
Please rate my advice
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They asked if she would do a breathalyzer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm assuming she should
100%
The way the law is set up, if they make a request for a breathalyzer or blood sample, it is much better to give the sample then to refuse. The refusal has pretty significant ramifications in and of itself