Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am filing a civil warrant regarding my engine being

Customer Question

Hi. I am filing a civil warrant regarding my engine being destroyed by an automotive place. i have question on how to proceed.
JA: What was the underlying charge? Is this a first-time offense?
Customer: they did an improper oil change on Jul 1, 2017. My engine went out on July 26, 2017. When i had it towed back to the same shop they did another oil change that i did not authorize nor was i there with my car. They were covering up the improper oil change by putting more oil in my car.
JA: What state are you in?
Customer: TN Problem i am running into, the guy "Owner" isnt the owner of the property. He is only renting that automotive lot. I have all his info expect his insurance and who he banks with. The owners of the property I have that information as well.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: YES! He attempted to encourage me to commit insurance fraud by offering me to blow up my engine for me because I could report it to my insurance company! :(
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to know do i sue everyone? The owner of the property, Sanders Properties, LLC? Or just the guy that is renting the automotive lot that is running the business that ruined my engine, Mr. George Anthony Saulsberry, Jr.? On the Civil Warrant for I have up to three places I can include who I want to sue.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.I would name them all with focus on company that caused the harm and its owners.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.
Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up