What can the heirs do if the Personal Representative has…

Customer Question
What can the heirs...

What can the heirs do if the Personal Representative has failed to secure

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Appraisals or distribute property to the heirs Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed in Superior in 2014 trying to get the PR removed - the judge granted my request with the stipulation that I find someone else to be the PR. We live in a very rural area and I could find no-one so the judge reinstated this PR. Here we are four years later, the money (substantial) is gone and we have no deeds to any of the property.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the PR is not performing their duty, which is what you are describing above, then what you can do is what you said, you file a petition for removal of the PR. If you could not find anyone, even an attorney, to take over, that is a problem. Now, if the PR has wasted the estate, your only remaining recourse is file a personal suit against the PR with an attorney on behalf of the heirs to seek to make the PR pay for the loss of estate assets through their mismanagement.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.