I was just at doctor and they said they wanted urine test I…

Customer Question
I was just at...

I was just at doctor and they said they wanted urine test I asked for wat and nurse said she didn't know come to find out I had a 6 panel drug test checking for cocaine barbiturates etc I do take adderall I'm sure they r checking to see if I take it i didn't care cause nothing to hide but don't they legally gave to tell me what the urine test is for

Lawyer's Assistant: What kind of samples are sought? What drugs are being tested for?

It said triage 6 so I googled it and it said cocaine amphetamines barbiturates etc which I'm not worried about the results and didn't care but they acted like they didn't know even the doctor didn't say anything to me about the test ignored when I asked

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No have I don't smoke don't drink don't take anything unless prescribed I'm 53 no history of drug abuse or use the doctor yesterday only talked about my heart oddly since I have no heart disease well I couldn't go so I called today to see if they still needed it since I was getting blood work done and they said ya it's at the clinic now instead of office I said wat is it the receptionist said it should say triage 6 I had no idea wat that was so I said ok fine then I Google it after and was like wat the heck

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nope just was curious don't they have a legal obligation to tell me what test they r running on me

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/4/2017
Lawyer: LegalPro54, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
LegalPro54
LegalPro54, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Unfortunately yes, drugs can and often are conducted without the patient's express consent. This is allowed in part because it is regarded as essential to the proper diagnosis and treatment of patients. If an illegal drug is the in the patient's system, that is highly relevant to the treatment that will be undertaken, and a patient may not want to tell the truth about what drugs in their system, or may be too incoherent to provide an accurate answer.

Again, I'm not making excuses for the doctors who ran the drug test in this particular case. It sounds unwarranted and I don't blame you for being upset. But it was not illegal, nor for that matter is it even uncommon.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Thank u had no problem taking it but he randomly called me said he wanted to see me so I said ok I go never once mentions the drug test or why I was even there I told the nurse I have no idea why I'm here he just wanted to see me and not once did he mention a drug test the nurse said she didn't know eat the urine test was for my gosh why didn't they just say hey I know this is odd but we r drug testing u and I would have said knock your self out just the evasive behavior that bothered me I had nothing to hide yet they acted shady weird

I don't blame you for being upset that they didn't mention it, but again, they were not require to mention it to be be forthcoming about what the purpose of the test was.

Ok I understand and honestly I'm fine with the test I have been going to him for 20 years he should have been fourth coming but if he handled it accordingly then by all means I will allow him to continue to be my physician him and I can get good laugh about it next visit lol

I wouldn't let it get to you too much and yes I do think you should try to laugh it off. It's just standard practice to run these sorts of tests.

Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes.

Was there anything else I can do for you before we wrap up here?