I belong to an HOA Board, and one of my residents was

Customer Question
I belong to an...

I belong to an HOA Board, and one of my residents was arrested for a crime (not officially charged yet) We have a community facebook page, and another admin posted the resident's house number and address along with the arrest article to our community page. Is it legal to list the house number? The article just states 2300 block of.... However, she posted the parents home number

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

? by whom and to whom?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The 19yr old was arrested...he has been released on bail pending a hearing/trial. The other admin on our page posted his parent's (legal homeowners) house number... Can the admin be sued for releasing that info?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It is legal here to repost a news article no additions.If the article left off the address you should too.This is dangerous territory to give out information beyond a news article.Leave it at that,Nothing defaming about that.

I appreciate the chance to help you.

If you can rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.