I purchased a new vehicle early last month and shortly

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new vehicle early last month and shortly thereafter moved out of state and changed jobs. My first car payment is to started Sept 1st. I started getting calls from the dealership 2 weeks ago stating that they made an error in my ppwk and I needed come immediately back in to resign everything...which I did last week. Now I've started getting calls from Capitol One (auto loan co.) AND the dealership stating that with the filing of my updated ppl, they contacted my previous employer (the one I had when I purchased the vehicle) who told them I no longer work there. They told me I needed to provide my current employer info, which I was happy to do so. Now I'm getting calls asking me to bring the vehicle...that I've been driving, is registered and insured to me, that I've been driving for 6wks back because they're no longer approving a loan they had previously approved...all because I have a new job than what I had when I was approved for the auto loan. What are my rights/options?? I NEED this car to get back/forth to work. I make more $ at my new job than my previous one I left last month. Do I have any rights?? This is by FAULT of the incompetence of the car dealership that it has even gotten to this point. What are my rights Now?

Lawyer's Assistant: How old is the vehicle? When was it purchased?

2017, June 29th

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The issue on this is that many lenders confine their loans to a particular state and since your state changed from when you applied for the loan to when you reapplied because of the paperwork error, they are generally looking for a way to secure their interest. If they are refusing to honor the loan though, your only right is to get another lender to agree to finance the car, since you did have an immediate change in circumstances with leaving state and job change that precipitated this.
If you cannot get another lender involved to finance, legally they can default the loan for violation of their contract terms (not for non-payment) and repossess the car. So you need to work this out and call the dealer to see if they can secure alternate financing or better yet go to your own bank to secure financing. If you cannot do so, give them their vehicle and demand your money back you paid down on the car, since this was partially their fault and tell them you will sue them if they refuse. Then take your business to a dealer who wants your business.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
what's the recourse in regards ***** ***** auto dealership & the paperwork error? Do I have any legal rights for this gross negligence on their part? Nothing like this has ever happened to me and I have no clue how to proceed!

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, mistakes happen all the time in these car sales and I am afraid you cannot sue the dealer because they made paperwork errors (if you could there would be a line around the court, as this is common that they make contract errors that need to be corrected).

First step is seeking some other financing and at the same time call the dealer and ask them to find you other financing, this way you can compare rates.