Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is Maryland is a dysnat trust state, can it be protected…

Customer Question
Is Maryland is a...

Is Maryland is a dysnat trust state , can it be protected from creditors

Lawyer's Assistant: Have the trust documents been finalized? What are the basic terms?

No I am just being thinking to create one in case I get a law suite

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know if dynast trust is valid the state i just need to know that first before i make my decisionn

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 6 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Maryland is a Dynasty Trust state - correct. Because a Dynasty Trust is irrevocable and removes assets from your ownership technically, it may be used to protect your assets from a judgment leveled against you in the future. In that sense, it can be used to protect your assets from a judgment creditor.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. It does not cost anything extra to rate. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law