How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1067
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am beneficiary of a small trust. thee trustees have passed

Customer Question

I am beneficiary of a small trust. thee trustees have passed away or retired. To avoid placing the trust with the large
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am the beneficiary of a small trust which is in Florida The trustees have retired or passed on. May I appoint myself as a trustee or start a trust and transfer to a different state where I live
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.

the document setting the trust can help you in making this decision.

I doubt you will be allowed to appoint yourself trustee

Starting new trust and transferring it to a different state will probably be the way to go

I would also contact the retired trustees a well