I need a order from the court that makes me executor of my…

Customer Question
I need a order...

I need a order from the court that makes me executor of my wifes estate

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have power of attorney while she was living but mortgage company said it expired after her death in dec of 2015

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. First, let me tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your wife. I know this is a difficult time for you and I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

As to your specific question...did your wife have a will? If so, were you named executor in that will? What specifically is the issue with the mortgage company? Thanks!

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next hour or so. Should you have a follow up while I’m away, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.