I heard one of government's responsibilities is justice. If…

Customer Question
I heard one of government's...
I heard one of government's responsibilities is justice. If I had a very unfair lawsuit, which was settled. Which part of the government I can contact to talk about that unfair lawsuit? Our settlement agreement doesn't contain confidentiality clause nor non-disclosure clause, as I refused when the other party requested. Thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I fear that there may be some confusion here...you settled the case, and now you want to complain to someone about it? Is that correct?

Thanks for the reply. The lawsuit was settled. I would like to talk to government about this lawsuit.

And WHY do you believe that the government (anyone in the government) would care...what is your claim?

I heard one of government's responsibilities is justice. I think that lawsuit was unfair and no justice.

If you settled it? Then the law PRESUMES you agreed to the terms.

Now...if you believe that you were somehow tricked or defrauded, you could file a lawsuit to ask the court to void the settlement agreement.

So if the goal is to reach out to the government? You will need to file this with the judicial branch (that section of the government)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Wondered if you could clarify about the judicial branch (that section of the government), and if you have a website for me to check, say if it is in the state of Florida.I was told by a government agency that I should contact the Department of Justice. Do you think that would be the right place?Thanks.

Which county in FL is this?

Miami.
http://www.miami-dadeclerk.com/courts_records.asp
you can contact department of justice as well, although I suspect they will decline the offer assistance. They are certainly not required to.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.