How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do i need board association permition to do some

Customer Question

do i need board association permition to do some reconstaction in my condo appartment
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: I leave in Denver, Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have very small kitchen and a big leaving room. So I want to do an open space and this way my kitchen can be a bit bigger.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

The bylaws and house rules normally require board and management consent for such work. This is standard and normally approved, but the association wants to make sure the plans are sound and the work wont cause damage to other apartments.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if that is fast and clear, thanks.